Monday, December 29, 2014

So long 2014

I don't know about you, but 2014 has been a doozie for me. I traveled between Atlanta and St. Louis, only to find myself moving back to St. Louis. I'm not upset about moving back home. In fact, I'm glad I'm home. My mom got really sick for a while, and I'm glad I was here when the ordeal happened. This is my blog about my life, so just know that she's doing much better now.

I also found myself saying goodbye to two really close people in my life: an ex-boyfriend and a person I've known since 1st grade. Let's start with the ex.

We've been exes longer than we were together. We were together for over a year, until he confessed he cheated on me and got someone pregnant. I was heartbroken then. About two years after, we ended up rekindling our friendship. That relationship lasted almost twenty years. Unfortunately, he reminded me of why we weren't in a relationship. He lied and did everything to avoid me. I completely disconnected myself from him, through social media and every other aspect. I would say that I miss his friendship, but I'd by lying. LOL

The other friendship had to end, and I had to end it. She kept assuming that I was interested in her husband.  She also showed her true foulness during a session we had. She started talking to me, asking how I was and talking about how I don't talk to her. (I just came back from Atlanta this time.) I told her I've been busy with work and church. While having this convo, she texted her husband asking why I'm acting funny with her. How do I know this, you ask??? I know because I received a text stating, "Whatever you're doing, stop. She's asking why you're funny acting," along with the screenshot. REALLY????? You think I want your husband, but I'm the funny acting one??? I would've talked to her about it, but this wasn't the first time I've had to go through this with her. I love her, but I can't deal with the foolishness. I'd rather say goodbye than put on a fake smile. I've never been fake, and I'm too old to start that craziness.

As 2014 draws to a close, I'm saying goodbye. Goodbye to failed friendships, goodbye to illness, goodbye to bad health, and goodbye to bad environments. As I say hello to 2015, I'm saying hello to new opportunities, hello to a new career, and hello to new friendships and relationships (hopefully). I'm staring a new job, continuing my education, and enjoying the skin I'm in. I can't wait to see what God has in store for the new year.

Be blessed. 


No comments:

Post a Comment