Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Did You Miss Me?

Merry New Year!!! It's 2017, and I'm in St. Louis working at a Parallon Business Solutions. How did this happen??? LOL

Let's start at the beginning. I went to Atlanta to go to seminary. I ended up coming home in 2014 due to my mother getting sick. I praise God that she's doing much better now. I stayed home and stopped going to school. I ended up working at a collections agency; however I don't work on the phones. I make sure that our system matches the hospital system by posting payments and adjustments. Everything was going great, until May 13, 2016. That's the day my brother-in-love Alan died.

Alan drove himself to the hospital due to feeling tightness in his chest. The hospital ran all types of tests Thursday, and kept him overnight for observation. Friday afternoon, the doctors ran another test and found out that his aorta was ripping from his heart. The doctors were about to perform emergency surgery, but Alan closed his eyes one last time in his hospital room. My sister is broken, even after nine months. She decided to cut her hair, and I did the same. Thank God our hair is growing back!

I have worked at Parallon for two years now, and I'm now a Team Lead for our Reconciliation Team! I am still living with my mom, and I'm loving every minute of it, and so is she! I'm not leading Praise and Worship anywhere right now. I took a long-term hiatus from my personal ministry. I needed to go to my own 'desert' and sort things out with God. I needed to know why things were not going the way we all planned. I realized that the words I once heard from my mom were true: If you want to make God laugh, tell him about your plans.

I now sing with two good friends of mine and their groups: my buddies Jesse Williams and Total Praise, and Phil Woodmore and the Woodmore Singers. I'll talk about their projects in another blog. Long story short, I'm having the time of my life with these two.

I have to get ready for work, but I wanted to post this and let you know that I'm doing well, and I'm taking life one day at a time.

Be blessed!


No comments:

Post a Comment